Are you considering hiring a digital marketing agency to help grow your business? If so, it’s important to take the time to carefully select the right agency for your needs. Here are some tips to help you choose the best digital marketing agency for your business:
- Define your goals: Before you start looking for an agency, it’s important to have a clear understanding of what you want to achieve with your digital marketing efforts. This will help you narrow down your options and ensure that you choose an agency that is well-suited to your needs. If you are unsure of your goals, the agency should be able to help you define what they should be based on industry norms and your company history. If you do not have any history of revenue with your direct-to-consumer business, the agency should be able to give you a solid forecast for what the next twelve months could look like for your brand.
- Research potential agencies: There are many digital marketing agencies out there, so it’s important to do your research to find the best fit for your business. Look for agencies that have experience in your industry and a track record of success. The best agencies, however, are discovered by word of mouth. Find the leaders that you know and trust…they know who to call.
- Review their portfolio: Take a look at the work that the agency has done for other clients. This will give you an idea of their style and approach to digital marketing. If you research the company’s website and still don’t find what you are looking for, ask them for an example of something they have done in the past or better yet…talk to them about it. Ask them a few questions that you have stewing in your head. They will be happy to answer.
- Consider their services: Not all digital marketing agencies offer the same services, so it’s important to choose an agency that offers the services that you need. For example, if you are looking for help with social media marketing, make sure the agency has experience in this area. There are very few agencies out there that actually measure quality over quantity when it comes to working with clients. What does this mean? Many agencies try to hire as many clients as possible to make up for churn. Agencies that have been in business for a long time tend to have a smaller client list and have been working with them for years. Some of the top agencies in the world only work with 1-3 clients.
- Evaluate their team: The team at the agency will be responsible for executing your digital marketing strategy, so it’s important to ensure that they have the skills and expertise to do a good job. Look for agencies with a diverse team of professionals with a variety of skills. Often times, the agency is only as good as the team that works for them. How long have they been in the industry? Where did they work before they worked for the agency? It might be hard to find these pieces of information when doing simple research, but it might be a nice conversation with the CEO or Business Development Representative when vetting the agency so you can learn more about them.
- Check their references: It’s always a good idea to get references from an agency’s past clients. This will give you an idea of the level of service and results that you can expect. Any agency that is unwilling to let you talk to one or two of their current clients is an agency that you need to run from.
- Determine their pricing: Digital marketing agencies often have different pricing models, so it’s important to understand the costs associated with working with a particular agency. Make sure to get a clear understanding of the services that are included in their fees and any additional costs that may arise. With C4 Social, many services are included. This is not normal and is what makes C4 different.
By following these tips, you can find a digital marketing agency that is well-suited to your business and will help you achieve your marketing goals. And if you’d like to talk to us, you know how to find us. (contact button)